Saturday, April 11, 2009

HDR Photos - Sony DCS-R1

Here are some more photo taken with my Sony DSC-R1. These photos were originally taken in RAW format which allowed me to convert the images to HDR photos. To learn more about HDR Photos and what they are, click on the following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

These were fun to see what I could create from a RAW file. I haven’t done many of these but here are a few that I have created. I prefer the more natural looking HDR photos.


Sand Dunes near Alamosa


Temple at Chichen Itza (had to wait for the right time to not have other tourists in the photo)


Day Hike in New Hampshire

Mountains at Rocky Mountain National Park

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the shot of the Rocky Mountains especially. The Temple and the Sand Dunes are beautiful as well... the Temple worked REALLY well as an HDR I think. I assume that is what helped the RMNP photo too... beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it really brings out the color and contrast in some of those photos. I think HDR photos look great as long as you don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete